Kitchen area of 5 square meters. meters is often found in the Khrushchev, typical panel houses and houses of the old foundation. To fit in such a tiny space working and dining area is quite difficult, but it is possible. From this material you will learn how much depends on what furniture is chosen and how it is arranged, what color the walls are painted, how the light is built and what curtains hang on the windows. And here you can get a lot of super-ideas for design, repair, planning and redevelopment from a selection of 50 photos of real interiors.
To the kitchen 5 square. meters fit both the working and dining area, there is no other way out, how to plan the arrangement of furniture G-shaped or linear.
- L-shaped (angular) lay-out is good in that it allows you to place a plate, a sink and a refrigerator according to the rule of the "working triangle", and also to use the angle and two walls. By assembling kitchen furniture in this way, you will get a roomy work area and enough storage space. True, the size of the dining area will have to "save" and choose a table / bar for 2 people. An example of a corner kitchen 5 sq.m. meters is shown in the photo below.
- The linear layout is more compact, but a little less convenient, since for cooking, the culinary will have to run along the entire kitchen line many times. However, in such a small room it is not so difficult. But the dining table can be placed and more roomy - designed for 3-4 people.
If the kitchen is only a utilitarian room, and the dining area is moved to another room, then you can consider a U-shaped or two-row layout.
- Two-row scheme of furniture arrangement is an excellent option for a narrow room. Typically, the kitchen is configured as follows: the cooker, sink, food preparation area and dishwasher are located on one side, and the refrigerator, oven and microwave oven are on the opposite side.
- U-shaped layout - the most convenient, because everything you need for cooking is at hand. The disadvantage is the cumbersomeness of the U-shaped headset. Most of all, this option is suitable for a square kitchen. In the next photo slider you can see the interior of the kitchen 5 sq. M. meters with a U-shaped set and a dining area, taken out into the living room.
When designing your kitchen in U-shape or in two rows, remember that the passage between the furniture should be at least 90 cm.
Kitchen area of 5 square meters. meters must necessarily be light and more monochrome than multi-color or contrast.
- Best visually increases the space and solves the problem of lack of light white color. In a small kitchen 5 sq.m. meters of it should be more than any other colors. In fact, white can be a facade and a headset, and decoration, and a dining group, and even curtains. Do not be afraid of the march of white surfaces. In fact, they are as practical as any color ones. And that this interior does not seem too "hospital", use a few shades of white (from milky to ivory) and different textures (from gloss to stone).
- In a pair of white you can choose other light shades: light gray, light blue, cream, beige.
- Try not to use more than 3 colors in the interior, otherwise there is a risk of "overloading" the interior.
See also: Everything about the design of a small kitchen - 16 super-receptions and 70 photos.
- "Spread" the walls will help correct laying the floor. If you have chosen a ceramic tile, then it should be laid diagonally. Wooden floors and laminate flooring in narrow rooms are placed either diagonally or across the room. Ideally, the flooring dies should be small, folded into a descent or "herringbone".
- The famous lack of kitchens in the Khrushchev's is not only a small area, but also low ceilings. "Raise" them will help wallpaper in a diamond or in a vertical strip. But be careful, the narrow kitchen abundance of vertical lines will narrow even more.
- It is desirable that the walls are solid and without patterns. But if you want to paste wallpaper, then choose a cloth with a small pattern of muted shades. Wallpaper with a large and colorful print is the most secure to glue on only one wall.
- Create the illusion of a large space help wallpapers with a perspective image. For example, it may be a city street, a road leading to a distance or a forest path.
- Another super-effective technique - facing the walls with a mirror. If you decorate the whole wall or a large area (for example, an apron or a wall near the dining area), the space will appear more visually. And if the window reflects in the mirror, then the natural light will increase.
- To add a small space feeling of airiness and lightness, use in the finish of the apron shiny, glossy or "satin" surfaces. For example, tile-ham or glass.
See also: Design and repair of a small kitchen in Khrushchev - 13 tested solutions.
Remodeling and zoning
Redevelopment is always a work, time and financially costly measure, but with its help you can dramatically change and enlarge a small kitchen. There are two options for redevelopment: the unification of the kitchen with adjacent rooms or the transfer of partitions.
- Moving the partition and increasing the kitchen due to adjacent rooms. Pros: an increase in the kitchen for a couple of square meters, making it possible to equip a full dining room and work area. At the same time the kitchen remains isolated - odors and noises will not penetrate into the remaining rooms. Minuses: decreases the area of the living room / corridor, repairs are complicated and expensive due to the erection of new partitions.
Below is a plan of the apartment with the transfer of the partition and the increase in the area of the kitchen due to adjacent premises.
The following photos show the interior of the kitchen in a one-room Khrushchev, which was enlarged by the living room.
Keep in mind that redistribution of the apartment, even with the demolition of non-structural structures, requires coordination with the housing inspectorates.
- Combining the kitchen with the living room and / or hallway. Pros: space becomes convenient for family vacations, meals and meetings with guests, the kitchen increases by transferring the dining group to the living room area or to the border of two rooms, it becomes possible to equip a full and spacious dining area. Minuses: there is no possibility of seclusion, noises and smells from the kitchen can interfere with the rest in the living room (and vice versa), the disorder in this or that zone will spoil the general appearance of the room.
Below are the plans for a two-bedroom apartment in a typical Khrushchevka before the redevelopment and after the unification of the kitchen with the living room.
And here is a clear example of the design of a combined kitchen-living room in a one-room Khrushchev.
To the united kitchen-living room or kitchen-vestibule looked orderly, it must be zoned. The boundaries of zones can be designated only by visual methods (with the help of different finishes of walls, floors and ceilings, lighting, carpets) or physical "delimiters". For example, it could be furniture, a low partition, a ceiling beam, a partition with an arched or open doorway, plants, a glass partition, sliding doors and curtains. In the next selection of photos are examples of zoning unified kitchen-living rooms.
A lot depends on the choice of furniture. Here are some tips to help you plan your kitchen set:
- Since on a tiny 5-meter kitchen there is a catastrophic lack of space for storing things, you need to use its height, that is, the walls. Choose a three-tier kitchen set to the ceiling and place on the uppermost shelves those things that are not needed in the kitchen often (glasses, festive service, grocery stores, bottles for pickles, etc.). By the way, in the additional tier you can hide the air duct.
- In addition to the top of the kitchen cabinet, you can also use its bottom, namely the plinth. If you build in it several drawout boxes, you will get excellent storage for small things.
- Ideally, the kitchen set should be ordered according to individual sizes, because no one centimeter should be wasted.
- To visually facilitate the interior, the fronts of the kitchen set should be selected glossy or with glass inserts, well-fit and solid doors without panels and even without handles.
- The universal color of the kitchen set is white. It is also good if in the kitchen there is a gas stove. In fact, among white facades the white box will be almost invisible (see photo).
- Another good option is a set in the tone of the walls.
No less scrupulous need to go to the choice of table and chairs. After all, in the mini-kitchen, they should be maxi-functional and super-compact.
- The most "miniature" solution will be a bar counter. In an isolated kitchen, it can be equipped on the basis of a window sill (see photo examples below), and in a kitchen combined with a living room, put on the border of the rooms.
And here is an example of a design of a combined kitchen-living room with a bar counter.
A bar mini-bar can be integrated into the niche of the headset, as shown in this photo.
- Another mobile solution is a folding table, which, when assembled, turns into a hinged shelf.
- In the 5-meter kitchen will fit and a small round coffee table for 1-2 people.
If your way of life does not fit in any way with mini-tables, choose a table for 3-4 people of a rectangular or square shape - they rationally spend space. It is desirable that he can easily fold and unfold.
- Chairs fit light, compact and functional. For example, it can be folding "garden" chairs, transparent polycarbonate chairs, benches, stools or corners with built-in storage boxes.
To save space in the work area, choose small-sized and embedded equipment.
The refrigerator is better to choose a narrow, but high, dishwasher suitable for a width of 45 cm, and a cooking surface - with 2-3 burners.
Well, if household appliances combine several functions at once: a multivarker + a bread maker, a combine + a meat grinder + a juicer or an oven + a microwave oven.
Correct lighting is a pledge of coziness. In a small kitchen, it must be a lot.
- Daylight penetration should not interfere with curtains, furniture, or extra items on the windowsill.
- Artificial light is important to distribute as evenly as possible throughout the room. Ideally suitable for such a scenario of lighting: spotlights along the perimeter of the ceiling + furniture illumination of the work area + sconce or chandelier above the table.
- The lamps you choose are miniature and laconic.
All small kitchens tend to seem cluttered and cluttered. Even magnets on the refrigerator can bring a sense of disorganization into the 5-meter kitchen. Therefore, the most important principle of its decor - "less - it means more." However, it is not necessary to give up jewelry and accessories, otherwise the interior will turn out to be too minimalistic. Pairs of small paintings / posters / photo frames on the wall, a pot with a flower of the room and wall clocks will be enough to create coziness.
As for curtains, then short and laconic kinds of curtains are best: Roman and roller blinds, blinds and curtains-cafe as in the photo below.