In the kitchen area of 18 square meters. meters is possible almost everything - non-standard layout, the use of dark or bright colors, the organization of a roomy dining and working area, the placement of a bar, island or sofa. How not to miss all the possibilities of a large space, but do not overload it? We suggest studying the issue of kitchen design 18 sq. M. m on 6 real examples of interiors with different layouts.
Corner kitchen with a buffet and a large table
L-shaped layout is universal, compact and convenient. If you want to create a space that will accommodate both a functional working area and a roomy dining area (or additional conveniences such as a sofa or a bar counter), then, most likely, a corner set will be the best choice. So, for example, in this L-shaped kitchen area of 18.2 square meters. m (in the photo below) the hosts placed a table for 4-6 people and a buffet.
- Corner set will be convenient in the event that the stove, refrigerator and sink are placed on the principle of "working triangle", and not in one line. It is important that they are in reasonable proximity to each other (at a distance of not more than 1 m). Note that in the example of the kitchen, the refrigerator stands far from the stove and sink (in the corner near the doorway), which is not very convenient.
- To use the angle with benefit, it can be built in a stove or a sink. True, the corner floor module, in this case, must have a trapezoidal shape.
Linear kitchen with peninsula
In itself, a straight kitchen line is not very convenient to use, because during cooking it is often necessary to move along it, which means wasting time and energy in vain. However, a linear layout can be made convenient and very functional, if you supplement it with a peninsula or an island. Particularly good is the island / peninsula, equipped with a sink or stove, as in the following example of kitchen design 18 sq. M. meters.
On the following photos you can see the dining area with a storage compartment.
- The peninsula, in comparison with the island, takes up less space, since it rests against the wall with one end.
- In order not to complicate the repair of the kitchen, the peninsula can be left without appliances and plumbing. Thus, it will perform the function of the desktop and bar counter.
- Remember that between the suite and the peninsula / island there should be a passage 1-1.5 m wide. If the passage is wider than 1.2 m, it will become inconvenient to prepare, and if less than 1 m it will be difficult to open the lower drawers of furniture. The optimal width of the passage is 1.2 m.
Rectangular kitchen with parallel layout
If your kitchen is narrow or has a rectangular elongated shape, then you can build the headset in two parallel rows. The dining area in this case is carried out to the depth of the room (for a narrow kitchen) or placed between rows (for a rectangular and square kitchen). Next on the photo is an example of the design of a rectangular 18-meter kitchen, in which a dining area for 6 people is located in the center of the room.
- When placing the headset at the doorway, to save space, the swing door should be replaced with a sliding door or completely abandoned. There is another option - to put the door opening in the hallway, not the kitchen.
- How is it better to place "working" points in a kitchen with a parallel layout? Plate, sink, dishwasher / washing machine and a place for preparation of products are best placed in one row, and everything else (refrigerator, oven, microwave oven, etc.) - in the other. By the way, there is another option, suitable for combined kitchen-living room, when two rows perform different functions. For example, one row can be exclusively "working", and the second can only be used as a buffet or a "wall" living room.
U-shaped kitchen with a peninsula
U-shaped kitchen is very convenient for cooking, because it allows you to do all the work, standing almost in one place. True, it is rather cumbersome and takes up a lot of space, so that on 18 squares there will be space only for a not too large dining area. However, if one of the sidewalls of the letter "P" is a peninsula, then you will be able to organize behind his counter top and a bar counter. Below is a design project of the kitchen with just such a layout.
- To the U-shaped set does not clutter the space, one or two parts of it, for example, sidewalls, it is possible leave without hanging lockers.
- Remember that the distance between the sidewalls of the headset should be at least 1 meter.
- The U-shaped kitchen with a peninsula is excellent for combined kitchen-living rooms and kitchens in studios, since the peninsula zoned a single space.
See also: How to equip the U-shaped kitchen.
Combined kitchen / living room with partition
How can I combine a kitchen, a living room and a dining room on 18 square meters? The main thing here is careful planning of furniture arrangement and clear zoning. The design of this 18-meter kitchen-living room includes everything: built-in appliances (from a disguised boiler to a washing machine), a working triangle, a sink under the window, uniform lighting, a table for 4 people and a sitting area with a TV. Zoning of the combined space is wooden partitions and carpet. In this photo slider you can see the kitchen part of the room.
Below in the photo slider you can view the details of the design of the hall-dining room.
- If the living room performs the function and dining room as in this project, then the dining table should be selected compact and functional - folding or transforming and better rectangular or square, rather than round.
- In the combined kitchen-living room, the hood must be powerful, and all textiles must be removable and easy to clean. In this interior upholstery of upholstered furniture and cushion covers are easily removed and cleaned.
The island is a functional kitchen module, which is placed in the center of the working area and can be bypassed from all sides. The task of the island table is to simplify the work of the cook and reduce the time of travel around the kitchen. The only negative - it "eats" a lot of space. In the kitchen area of 18 square meters. m to place the island without abandoning the full dining area can be, but in this case, both the dining room and the island table should be small in size. So, for example, in the next selection of photos is an example of a kitchen of 18 square meters. m with an island in the size of 130 × 70 cm and a square table for 4 people.
- If your kitchen is utilitarian, and the house has a separate dining room, then the island can be large and play the role of a bar rack for quick snacks. This solution is suitable for a combined kitchen-living room-dining room, because the islands perfectly zoned space.
- The shape of the island should repeat the shape of the room.
- Passages around the island table must be at least 1 m wide.
- It is desirable that the island does not interrupt the "working triangle".
- If you do not want to carry out complex repairs with the transfer and extension of communications, raising the floor level, etc., then in the island you should place only an electric hob or do not equip it with appliances / sink. Islets perfectly "work" simply as a food preparation station and a bar counter.
- The stove built into the island requires the installation of a circulation hood on the coal filter or the extension of the duct (and hence the ceiling level) for installing a conventional hood.