What curtains to choose for a kitchen with a balcony: designer's tips
Are you the lucky owner of the kitchen with a balcony? Congratulations, because the balcony in the kitchen - it's just a godsend! On it you can and arrange a cozy recreation area, where it is so nice to have a cup of coffee in the summer, and to equip an additional winter storage room for supplies. All this is very good, but how to decorate the kitchen door - exit to the balcony? What curtains for the kitchen with the balcony are the most suitable? Many mistresses ask such questions.
What is the difference between curtains for balcony doors from conventional
First of all, the fact that they should not prevent us from freely entering the balcony and returning back. In this case, it is necessary to provide for easy opening of the door, to which nothing should interfere: neither voluminous, wide lambrequin from above, neither the curtain itself on the side, nor the heavy fluttering "underfoot" and the flounces lying on the floor. The edge of the door light curtain fabric can be damaged without difficulty, and leaving on the balcony with a cup of coffee and sandwiches, you can stain the curtain and stain.
A feature of the balcony curtains is that almost always next to it is a window and they need to be combined into a single composition. On the one hand, it is not easy, because for a window, short curtains are often used, and the doors are made out long, and on the other hand, this arrangement of curtains is just a godsend for creative design solutions - the spaces for combining various curtain options are truly limitless!
Choose curtains for the kitchen with a balcony - the best options
- A practical and modern version of curtains for a kitchen with a balcony are vertical blinds, the middle of which can be, strictly speaking, not quite in the middle, but in the place of the connection of the window and the door. Such blinds are stretched with a cord, and you can do this as a side of the door, and now you can freely go to the balcony and the side of the window, opening access to the window sill to water the indoor flowers. The disadvantage of such curtains is the need to use both for the door and for the window the same height, that is, the window will be closed completely, to the very floor.
- Roller blinds in this sense are more practical, because they can close the window only to the windowsill, but the door is to the full height. Such curtains are assembled with decorative ribbons or special cords, which can also be "beaten" in different ways: for the maritime style it can be deliberately rough, thick twine, for hi-tech style - thin nylon cord.
- Still, the best solution for a kitchen balcony will be combined curtain options. Look how original and unusual the curtains look, which are Roman on the window, and the "Japanese" panel on the door. The fabric for both variants is taken to be the same, so as not to disrupt the unity of the compositional design, also the decorative elements (contrasting edge, cords for lowering and shifting to the side) should be the same.
- Traditional curtains, which need to be moved apart and fixed with sticks, can be made by combining different heights: for the door to choose long, and for the window - short. At the same time, it is possible to combine different sizes of curtains by fixing the clamps for both halves at the same height.
- Combine the curtains for the window and door can be a single lambrequin, which should cover the entire length of the entire balcony doorway. In addition to perfectly disguising the cornice, it will become a kind of framing for the balcony curtains. Do not forget that the lambrequin should not be very low, otherwise it will interfere with the free opening of the door!
What curtains to decorate the kitchen with a balcony: designer's advice
- What fabrics are most preferable for making curtains for a kitchen with a balcony? In terms of environmental friendliness and health benefits, the best are, undoubtedly, natural fabrics made of chintz, cotton, linen. However, do not forget that in the kitchen curtains are exposed to excessive moisture, droplets of grease and dirt, so for practical reasons it is more expedient to choose fabrics with the addition of synthetic threads that are easy to wash and iron. Such fabrics are perfectly draped, and are much less prone to burning out in the sun than a natural cloth without impurities.
- Drawing for kitchen balcony curtains, choose the one that can most accurately emphasize the general idea of the interior and in no case violate it. If your curtains are monochrome, they can be combined very successfully with colored sticks or lambrequins.
- If you set a goal to close the kitchen with the arrival of the evening from prying eyes, then it is not necessary for the curtains to choose excessively dense, heavy fabrics. It is wonderful to decorate the kitchen, protecting it from curious views, and using lightweight, thin materials that will visually expand the kitchen space and make it lighter.
- Do not overload curtains with decorative elements, otherwise they will become fanciful, tasteless and against their backdrop all other "highlights" of the kitchen design will become invisible.