Gas column often makes it difficult to equip the kitchen, because it takes up so much space, almost always has an uncomfortable location, spoils the view of the wall, and even requires careful handling. In this article we will tell you what can be done with this useful but not simple device, and how to plan the repair and design of the kitchen with the gas column without compromising the storage reserves, the beauty of the interior, your wallet and safety. And here you will find a selection of 40 photo interiors, from which you can get a lot of useful ideas.
- 1 7 solutions, how to hide a gas column or organically fit it into the interior
- 1.1 Decision 1. Transfer to the corridor
- 1.2 Solution 2: Transport within the kitchen
- 1.3 Solution 3. Enclosure in the cabinet
- 1.4 Solution 4. Decoration of facades and apron with white color
- 1.5 Solution 5. Painting the column in the tone of the wall / facades
- 1.6 Solution 6. Column Decor
- 1.7 Solution 7. Interior design in a "rustic" or industrial style
- 2 Features of repair and design of kitchen with gas column
7 solutions, how to hide a gas column or organically fit it into the interior
Decision 1. Transfer to the corridor
The transfer of the gas column to the corridor is justified when the kitchen is very small and there is a catastrophic lack of storage space. However, the implementation of this idea is quite troublesome and is possible only if the following requirements are met:
- The corridor should be wide - the distance between the front wall of the casing of the installed column and the opposite wall should be at least 1 m;
- The height of the ceiling of the corridor should not be less than 2.25 m, and the room volume is allowed from 7.5 m3;
- In the corridor there should be a ventilation duct and a chimney with a diameter of 125 mm;
- The wall on which the column will be installed should be capital.
Keep in mind that the transfer of the gas column should be carried out in accordance with the provisions of the SNiP and almost always only after agreement with the gas and housing services.
Solution 2: Transport within the kitchen
The idea of transferring the column to the corridor is radical and not always possible, but transfer within the kitchen is quite feasible. Often this solution helps to organize the working space more conveniently or to hide the device where it is least noticeable. Below are photos of the interior of the kitchen in Khrushchev with a gas column in the corner.
The easiest way to reconcile the transfer of the gas column to a distance of no more than 1.5 meters from the "native" place on the same wall. It is important that the column is not placed above the plate.
Moving the column for a longer distance will officially be considered not a transfer but a replacement and laying of new gas mains, therefore, legalization will be much more difficult and longer.
Solution 3. Enclosure in the cabinet
The installation of a gas column in the locker is the best, but not always a legitimate way of masking the gas column. In some cities it is allowed and actively practiced, in others it is strictly forbidden. To avoid penalties or, even worse, accidents, develop an installation project, then be sure to consult the local gas service and obtain an official permit.
How to hide the gas column in the kitchen cabinet correctly and safely?
- The gas column with the open combustion chamber must be hidden in a false cabinet without top and bottom, the side walls of the cabinet should be at least 15 cm from the side walls of the device. The facade should preferably be made lattice, as in the photo-example below. All these requirements are needed for ventilation, creating the right traction and your safety.
By the way, in this way, you can hide the gas column not in a false cabinet, but ... in a false-hood. You can see an example of this masking in the next photo slider.
- The gas column with the closed combustion chamber is easier to build in - the cabinet can have a bottom and top, side walls installed close to the device, and a solid door.
- It is desirable that the gas column be installed approximately at the same level as the hanging cabinets.
Solution 4. Decoration of facades and apron with white color
Most gas water heaters have metal housings of white color. Why not take advantage of this? After having issued an apron kitchen and facades headset white, you will kill two birds with one stone:
- Create a background in which the gas column, counter and riser simply "dissolve" and will be virtually invisible regardless of their location;
- Due to the white color, you visually increase the small space and make it lighter.
Thus, you do not have to complicate, increase and delay the repair of the kitchen and design the headset, and the device itself will always be available for those. service. Perhaps, it is this way of integrating the water heater into the interior that is the easiest and, at the same time, effective. By the way, caring for white surfaces, contrary to myths, is as simple as it is for surfaces of any other color. Moreover, light shades are much more practical than dark ones (if it's not about the tissues) and visually make the interior more neat. Below is an example of the design of a white kitchen in a Khrushchevka with a gas column, which is itself part of the headset.
And here is an example of masking a gas column against a white wall.
See also: Design and repair of kitchen in Khrushchev - 13 tested solutions.
However, it is not necessary to decorate the walls and apron with white color. In order for the device to be organically inscribed in the interior, it is enough to support it with other white elements, for example, an extractor and an oven, as in this design kitchen design in country style.
Solution 5. Painting the column in the tone of the wall / facades
If you do not want to adjust the design of the kitchen under the gas column, then do the opposite and adapt it to the interior itself. To do this, simply paint the body in the tone of the background (walls, apron), in the tone of the facades or in any of the colored accents available in the kitchen. The principle of operation is simple: first, the body needs to be slightly sanded, then covered with a primer and allow it to dry; and then apply a paint, more precisely heat-resistant enamel from a can or by means of a spray gun in a pair of layers. Thanks to the spray, the paint will lie flat, and no one will ever guess that the painting is not factory-made. By the way, there are a lot of shades of heat-resistant enamels, and you can choose exactly what you need.
Solution 6. Column Decor
The gas column will not spoil the interior, if it's skillfully decorated. For example, you can decorate the body of a water heater with vinyl stickers, decoupage or art painting. Also you can buy a column with a ready-made drawing from the manufacturer. The main thing is, go to the choice of the column design responsibly - it should be combined with the color scheme of the kitchen and approach it in style. In this case, the interior itself should be decorated with restraint and mostly in neutral tones. Otherwise, the decorated column will only spoil the look of the kitchen, it will look lurky and introduce a sense of disorder.
Solution 7. Interior design in a "rustic" or industrial style
Fans of village styles (country, provence, rustic, style of Russian cottages, etc.), as well as the style of loft and industrial, there is no reason to worry about the visibility of engineering communications. After all, in such interiors a gas column, a counter, pipes and risers should not be hidden, but, conversely, used as an interior decoration and an authentic attribute of the village / industrial situation. For better effect, the column can be artificially aged.
Features of repair and design of kitchen with gas column
Planning design and repair of the kitchen with a gas column is necessary with an eye on the rules of fire safety, ventilation and ergonomics requirements. Here are some important tips that will help you equip the workspace in the best possible way.
- If you equip the kitchen from scratch, then it is advisable to think about the location of the gas column, layout and interior design before repairing and buying furniture. Then you will have more room for maneuver and fewer problems. For example, you can move the column, change it to a more modern or suitable model for the future situation, along the way improve the ventilation and chimney, adjust the color range of the interior under the column, etc.
- It is advisable to buy a kitchen set to order regardless of whether you plan to install a water heater in the closet or not. This will allow you to compose the headset without errors and use every inch with profit.
- Is it possible to install a stretch ceiling in the kitchen with a gas stove? It is possible if the height of the room with the installed canvas is at least 2.25 m, and the distance from the chimney to the ceiling remains at least 8 cm. In this case, it is desirable to equip the chimney with an aluminum corrugated pipe that is very hot, and a chimney-sandwich with thermal insulation layer. So the ceiling will not be damaged by the heat (from the combustion products leaving the chimney) and will not itself become an obstacle to traction. If necessary, the chimney hole can be lowered slightly.
- Walls in the kitchen with a gas column should not be finished with wallpaper or plastic panels (at least near the column), as these materials can deteriorate / melt under the influence of heat. Ideally, the walls should simply be plastered, painted or tiled with ceramic tiles (see photo).
- In the kitchen with a gas column, you need a constant supply of fresh air (50-90 cubic meters per hour). This is necessary for your safety and for the stability of the combustion of the unit. Therefore, when installing plastic windows, select those that have a microventilating function, that is, a special fittings that allow opening windows with micro-slots from 3 to 7 mm. Both in winter and in the summer, kitchen windows with a gas column should be opened in this mode. If the kitchen is planned or already installed wooden windows, then due to their natural microcracks the issue of passive ventilation will be solved by itself. The main thing is not to overdo it with waterproofing, seals and window warmers.
- Even more efficiently, the supply of air can be provided by the intake ventilation valves embedded in the wall, for example, Kiv-125 or KPV-125. It is advisable to take care of their installation before repair, so as not to spoil the finish.
- In the kitchen with the gas column, both the supply and exhaust systems must work in a balanced manner. Therefore it is necessary to invite professional ventilators to check the chimney and the ventilation duct. If necessary, they need to be put in order. And, of course, when arranging the kitchen, do not make a gross and, unfortunately, a common mistake - do not cover the ventilation duct with plasterboard boxes, wallpaper, or furniture.
- And the last advice - "in any incomprehensible situation" consult with the gas service and act in accordance with the requirements of regulatory documents.