Recessed luminaires function as additional lighting, and also play the role of expressive decor in any design.
What kinds of furniture lighting for the kitchen are?
- Flush (recessed) - designed for interior lighting of lockers, drawers, chests of drawers, cupboards, as well as for lighting the work surface. Require preliminary planning and installation at the stage kitchen assembly.
- Overhead, which are attached to external furniture facades. They are equipped with a turning mechanism and can illuminate both the inside of the headset and the table top. Among the advantages of such structures is the convenience of installation.
Furniture fixtures differ in the manner of connection, which is divided into contact and non-contact. The first involves the use of a separately located switch, and the contactless is triggered by itself when you open the cabinet door or just go to the countertop (this method is considered more economical).
Kinds of lamps for furniture fixtures
Furniture lamps can be equipped with the following types of lamps:
- Lamps incandescent - inexpensive and familiar to everyone, they shine brightly. However, such mortise luminaires should be placed at great depths - over 70 mm, and also get very hot during operation;
- Halogen lamps can be used much longer - about 4000 hours, they guarantee light brightness and minimum power consumption;
They also heat up when used, but they have a heat-resistant case, so they can be placed anywhere. To install lamps with halogen lamps, a transformer is required to convert the standard 220 watts into the required 12 watts.
- Xenon lamps are slightly heated, but generate too bright a light stream - for a small kitchen space it can be too intense;
- Fluorescent lamps have a long service life - not less than 6000 hours. Luminescent light can be not only cold, but also warm. Such lamps contain mercury in their composition. They are safe to operate, but they require special disposal, and therefore they are not thrown out into ordinary garbage cans;
Keep in mind that the longer the lamp, the more bright light it gives, that is, instead of 2 short lamps it is better to take one long one.
On sale there are special "kitchen" models with rails as on the photo below.
- LED lamps - absolutely do not contain harmful substances in the composition and consume a minimum of electricity. They also do not flicker during operation and do not emit ultraviolet glow. Indeed, their purchase can seem costly, but in operation they fully justify the money spent.
In addition, the assortment, color and size range of LED furniture fixtures is very, very wide. In the kitchen, you can install: LED strips, spot overhead and incandescent lamps, as well as linear, as in the photo below.
With the help of dimmers and rheostats, it is possible to regulate the intensity of the light flux and thus save on electricity.
Design of furniture fixtures
Furniture lighting is necessary in the kitchen, not only to make the process of cooking convenient, but also to decorate the kitchen. Furniture lighting, wherever it is placed, complements the ceiling lighting, making it uniform and soft, as the sharp shadows that the central chandelier creates become smaller.
Overhead or recessed lighting fixtures of the yellow spectrum without the inclusion of top light in the kitchen can create a very pleasant and cozy atmosphere.
The light of the white spectrum is closer to natural illumination.
Lighting the top of the kitchen set and directional light on the ceiling visually make a low kitchen above.
LED strips installed at the bottom of the kitchen create the effect of soaring furniture.
Creating lighting with furniture fixtures
Kitchen furniture lamps allow you to perform different types of lighting:
- Pointed, when the rays do not dissipate, but is directed solely at the countertop, shelf, plate;
- Accent - here we use incandescent lamps, which "heat" in the surface. The result is light, capable of giving space a special atmosphere, depth;
- Decorative - for him, colored furniture lamps are selected, the shade of which is aimed at relieving tension.
Optimal choice for the kitchen - LED fluorescent lights.
However, for the kitchen, you can use several types of lamps, the installation of which will create a perfectly illuminated multifunctional space.
How to install and connect lighting fixtures
First of all, you need to decide on the design of the device, and then - to calculate their required number. Surface structures are attached directly to the furniture using the fasteners that come with the kit.
But with a dotted built-in models of work a little more. So, for the work will be required:
- Roulette or ruler for measuring;
- A pencil or marker to mark in the right places;
- Electric drill;
- Crowns for metal drills, with which holes are made in the right places of furniture;
- A sharp knife or side cutters, necessary to clean the wires.
As for the works, they are carried out in the following sequence:
- On the furniture in the right places markings are applied.
- With the help of a drill with bits-crowns, holes corresponding to the size of the luminaire are cut out. Important! The diameter of the crown must completely coincide with the size of the inside of the chosen model of the lighting device.
- The device is connected to the mains. To do this, the ends of the wires are cleaned and connected to the terminals. After that, the clamping screws are tightened as tightly as possible.
- The lamp is placed in the previously prepared hole. During installation, the spring must be pressed to the housing as much as possible. At the same time, the mounting springs automatically straighten out, pressing the appliance to the furniture.
- The lamp is screwed into the installed device.
All work on the connection should be carried out only with a dead network - this ensures your safety.