New-year decor of windows is a great way to decorate a country house inside and out, and for those who live in a city apartment - the opportunity to create a festive mood for the family and share it with all the passers-by on the street. In this material, we presented 9 cool ideas on how to decorate the windows for the new year with your own hands, and also collected 70 photos for your inspiration.
- 1 1. We decorate the windows with outshirts
- 2 2. We hang on a cornice a branch with garlands
- 3 3. We paint the windows with a chalk marker
- 4 4. We hang an electric garland on the windows
- 5 5. We decorate the windowsill with mini Christmas trees
- 6 6. Dressing the curtains
- 7 7. Decorate the window sill ... with Christmas stockings
- 8 8. Painting the windows with gouache
- 9 9. Dressing up the window with a self-made garland
1. We decorate the windows with outshirts
The decoration of windows with paper-cut patterns and pictures is perhaps the most traditional way of decor, especially in our country. If you want to remember your childhood, and, moreover, decorate the windows as quickly as possible, paper snowflakes are what you need.
And here is the scheme, how to cut out snowflakes-fences of different shapes.
If you want to diversify the design of the window with vynyanka more complicated, then we suggest cutting out other New Year and Christmas symbols. For example, figures of deer, stars, fir trees or angels as in the photo below.
Here are some more cool photo-examples of stilts on the windows.
One of the classic plots of window decoration with paper pictures is the theme of a Christmas town. It is his offer to depict on the windows in the coming 2018.
For window decor you will need:
- Paper (better white);
- Soap and a little water (for making "glue") or double-sided scotch;
- Scissors and mock-up / clerical knife for cutting out stitches;
- A printed template.
How to do it?
- Print out the templates in the quantity and combinations you need;
- To cut windows and doors, use either sharp nail scissors, or a writing / mock knife;
- Plan the location of each workpiece, then proceed to their gluing.
How to glue the patches on the window?
Method 1: Soak a piece of soap, then grate them on the reverse side of the vatynanka and immediately glue it on the window. It is important that the window is dust-free, clean and dry.
Method 2: Use PVA glue - after drying it becomes transparent, and easily washed with water.
Method 3: Glue the patches on small pieces of ordinary, and preferably double-sided scotch.
2. We hang on a cornice a branch with garlands
How to decorate a window for the new year without spending a penny, and at the same time create a super-stylish accessory that can be reused many, many times? Find a nice branch in the park, clean it of dirt, shorten it if necessary and allow to dry.
Then hang the branch on the cornice with ribbons or jute. Finally, decorate it with Christmas balls, garland, gingerbread and gnocchi. If desired, the branch can be painted white, gold, silver or covered with artificial snow.
Also you can decorate the windows with natural or artificial fir branches.
3. We paint the windows with a chalk marker
This way of window decoration is inexpensive and very simple, because all you need is a marker and a window! The white chalk marker is great for painting glass: it can draw thin and thick lines, the paint lays tight and is easily washed with a damp cloth.
For window decor you will need:
- White chalk marker (sold in many stationery stores and benches for creativity);
- Wiper or wet wipes;
- Scissors for cutting out patterns;
- Templates or stencils of the New Year theme. Below you can download and print our samples.
How to do it?
- Wipe the windows clean.
- Shake the marker, put the tip on a sheet of paper and gently bend until the ink appears in the tip. Draw a few lines on the paper to make sure the marker is working.
- Download the template from our article or look for Christmas stencils on the Internet, increase the sample to the desired size with any graphics editor, print, cut and paste on the window.
- Attention! If you use not a stencil, but just a picture, then it's best to paste it on the back of the window.
- If you want to print a large drawing, print it on several sheets using the service rasterbator.net.
If there is no printer, use the following method: put out the light in the room, and set the computer monitor screen to the maximum brightness. Then attach a sheet of paper (it should not be too tight) to the screen and draw a pencil outline of the picture. Then you just have to cut out the template / stencil, stick it on the window in the right place with the help of an adhesive tape (better than a paint).
- Draw a picture with a chalk marker, if necessary, correct flaws with a damp cloth.
And here are other ideas for painting the windows for the new year.
4. We hang an electric garland on the windows
Small lights on the windows are beautiful in themselves, and in combination with Christmas trees and fur-tree branches make an interior in New Year's cozy and elegant.
- Especially for decorating windows, cascade garlands are used as in the photo below.
See also: How to make a candlestick with your own hands: 70 photos, 7 ideas and master classes
5. We decorate the windowsill with mini Christmas trees
The window sill should not be empty, it should be decorated with candles, cute New Year's figures, fir paws, a vase or a dish filled with balls or cones. And still here it will be great to look a few mini-fur-trees in the same bags.
You will need:
- Several artificial mini-fur-trees, indoor cypresses or junipers;
- Sacking or linen cloth;
- Tape or jute rope.
How to do it?
- Cut out of the prepared fabric a few round blanks of this size, so that they can completely wrap the pots of mini-fur-trees. You can roughly cut the fabric, but it is better not to cut the sections (they should even be slightly "fluffed").
- Wrap the pot with the Christmas tree in a cloth and fix the resulting bag with a ribbon or rope. Voilà! The Christmas tree is ready. Now you can decorate it with small toys or leave it as it is.
6. Dressing the curtains
Do you want to not spend money on the New Year's decor of the window and do not deal with washing the windows after the holidays? Then simply zadekoriruyte curtains available in the store Christmas tree toys. For example, they can be sewn to the bottom edge of the roller blinds as shown in this photo.
Christmas balls or garlands can be hung on the cornice or fixed on curtain hooks / rings.
Ornaments can be tied, pinned or sewn to picks.
Instead of Christmas-tree toys, you can use knots tied with ribbons or whole bundles of cones to decorate curtains.
In the new year, curtains can be replaced by a cascade of garlands made of Christmas balls and ribbons.
7. Decorate the window sill ... with Christmas stockings
Do you regret that there is no fireplace in the city apartment to decorate it with Christmas stockings for gifts? Do not worry, because instead of a mantelpiece you can use a window sill, attaching small hooks to its butt.
8. Painting the windows with gouache
If you have a drawing skill, then with the help of gouache you can decorate the windows with a bright or, on the contrary, very delicate drawing. For example, it can be Santa Claus looking in the windows, a fairy forest or bullfinches on snow-covered branches. However, it is better to use gouache not in its pure form, but mixed with toothpaste or tooth powder. Here are a couple of tips on painting the gouache window:
- To get delicate colors and halftones, toothpaste is best mixed not with gouache, but with watercolor.
- If you have planned a complex drawing, it is best to use a stencil or a template (the template is best glued to the reverse side of the glass).
- To erase the picture from the window, first walk on it with a dry rag or a soft scraper - so you remove the top layer of paint and accelerate the washing of the glasses.
9. Dressing up the window with a self-made garland
How to make a garland of voluminous snowflakes, fluffy pompoms, pine cones, paper balls and leaves of holly, felt flags and even macaroni with your own hands. Read this article. In the meantime, we suggest drawing on the idea of decorating a window with homemade garlands in the next photo compilation.